Hey, it’s Craig here. The question this week, “Will marriage solve my porn problem?”
I’ve been doing this a long time, and that’s one thing I know for sure. A lot of single people think, “I struggle with porn because I can’t have sex.”
If you’ve been trying to stay a virgin before you’re married or trying to stay sexually pure, marriage will not solve your porn problem. Marriage will just complicate things. If you struggle with porn, you will struggle with porn whether you’re married or not.
Church folks never talk about sex. So for a lot of newlyweds, the red light has been on for so long and now it’s a green light. But just because you can have sex doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy.
Sex is so much harder than porn because it takes two real people connecting on an emotional, physical, and spiritual level. Porn only requires an Internet connection.
The porn addiction you’re bring into your marriage is going to affect you and your future spouse in bigger ways than you even know.
So if you’re dating or engaged, be honest with them. Don’t hide it from them because you feel bad about it, they deserve to know.
Quit hiding this. Don’t think porn hasn’t had an effect on you, it has affected you and I think it’s time for you to come out and talk about it and start doing the hard work to be freed from addiction.
At the end of this month, we’re relaunching My Pilgrimage, the single best resource we’ve ever put out.
I think with My Pilgrimage, we’ve seen such transformation in people’s lives. They’re willing to talk about it. They’re willing to learn, willing to lead a group. They’re willing to be vocal about it saying, “Man, this didn’t just help my porn addict. This changed my whole life.”
We’re really excited for you to check it out.
MY FAVORITE QUOTES FROM THIS PODCAST EPISODE
- Marriage will not solve your porn problem. Marriage will just complicate things.
- The things that you were playing with in high school aren’t going to play with you as an adult.
- If you’re trying to be a virgin when you get married or trying to be sexually pure, porn isn’t helping you be sexually pure. Just because you’re not touching another person doesn’t necessarily mean you’re pure.
- We’ve been lying to ourselves. “I’m doing so good, I’m a virgin. But I bring in a 10-year addiction to porn and everything I’ve ever seen or read about sex is from a porn video.” Now you get married and, good Lord, I can’t imagine what’s in store on your honeymoon.
- Sex is so much harder than porn because it takes two real people connecting on an emotional, physical, and spiritual level. Porn only requires an Internet connection.
- On your honeymoon, you might be looking at porn instead of pursuing her because you don’t even know how to pursue her because you’ve been looking at porn so much.