About This Episode
So this week the question is, “I love my wife, but due to the nature of my job, I’m on my computer. I’m bored at my job so I find myself ending up on sites and looking at things I shouldn’t. What should I do?”
Well, I don’t have to say, “It’s bad.” You know, you get it. You know it’s bad but you’re bored. It’s like, “I’m hungry. I know McDonald’s isn’t good for me, but it’s on every corner.”
I guess I’ll start with, well why not look for another job? If you know that job isn’t good for you―for your health, for your marriage, for your family, for your lifestyle―then it’s time for you to find a different job.
Second thing is if you’re looking at porn on a work computer, you’re probably not gonna have that job very long. So if you love the job, you’re putting your job in jeopardy.
If you love the job, then kick ass at it. If you’re looking at porn because you’re bored, then take on a few more things so you’re not bored because your current job is not inspiring you and it’s not pushing you.
And thirdly, you could easily put something on your computer to prevent you from doing that. Get someone at your work to be your accountability partner. Be vocal with somebody who goes, “Hey, I’m going to check on you.”
You’re too lax. You’re thinking, “Oh, well, it doesn’t really matter.” Make it matter.
There’s a lot you can do. It’s just what are you willing to do? It’s up to you.
Our Favorite Quotes From This Podcast Episode
- I don’t have to say, “It’s bad.” You know, you get it. You know it’s bad but you’re bored. It’s like, “I’m hungry. I know McDonald’s isn’t good, but it’s on every corner.”
- Some people will go, “That job’s awesome. You get to look at porn!” But you’re like, “Hey, I know the temptation is getting the worst of me and this job is not getting the best of me.” So think about quitting your job. Don’t rule it out.
- The older I get, the more I’m into just learning about myself and learn about others.
- If you’re looking at porn on a work computer, you’re probably not gonna have that job that long. So if you love the job, your putting your job in jeopardy.
- If you’re looking at porn on the company dime, you’re jeopardizing the job. So if you hate the job, leave it. If you love the job, you gotta lose the porn because you’re not going to have a job.
- I feel like a lot of people end up at porn when they’re bored and have nothing do.
- I’m not going to sugarcoat this. You’re a grown ass man. Like, dude, you got a job and you’ve got a family and you got a wife. And if you continue to do this, you’re not going to have a job and that’s going to put stress on your marriage. It’s going to be stress on your family and then to find out it’s because of porn, that’s stupid.
- If nothing changes, make some changes in your life.
- There’s a lot you can do. It’s just what are you willing to do is the question. It’s up to you.